Our goal is to make sure that your information is both transmitted and stored securely. We've researched several systems and have chosen a sophisticated system that meets or exceeds the current state of the art standards.
But no security system is 100% guaranteed, so we will continue to evaluate technology as it develops and you can feel confident that we will implement any improvements as they become feasible.
Your information is encrypted
It takes whatever you give it, say, your annual salary, and turns it into a meaningless jumble of letters, numbers and symbols so that even if someone somehow intercepts your information, they can't piece it back together into anything understandable. But on our end, we have the key to reconstitute the data stream into your salary.
The information stored on a cookie is extremely small and should not noticeably affect either your system's storage capacity, or its performance. And, according to the friendly folks at Netscape: Cookies won't eat your hard drive, spread a virus, or generally subvert the dominant paradigm.
"A cookie file is NOT a secret way for a web server to find out everything about you and what you have on your hard drive.
"The ONLY way that any private information could be in your cookie file would be if you personally gave that information to a web server in the first place and it decided to put that information into your cookie file for some reason.
How do I know if I can accept cookies?
If you use the site without ever getting to a password page, the only way to see if you have accepted a cookie is to do a file search for "cookie." If it exists, this search will find it.
What do I need to do to get a cookie?
There are three reasons why you might not be able to accept a Barakat, Inc. cookie (or any cookie for that matter):
· Your computer is accessing the Internet through a network with a firewall in place, which prevents you from accepting cookies. If this is the case, you will need to speak with your network administrator.
· Some browsers are not capable of dealing with cookies. If your ISP allows it, we recommend using the latest version of either Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
You can delete your cookie at any time
Warning: Deleting your cookie will erase our record of your user ID, which will make it difficult for you to access the information that you have entered on the site.
How can I get more Information about cookies?
Edit preferences to accept cookies
· Go to the View (Tools in IE 5.x) menu, click on Internet Options.
· Click on the Advanced tab (Security tab in IE 5.x.)"
· in IE 4.x click on Always accept cookies.
· In IE 5.x click on Custom level button, then click on Enable cookies.
Netscape Navigator 4.x
· Go to the Edit menu, click on Preferences
· Go to Advanced read halfway down to Cookies and change your radio button to Accept all cookies.
· If you are concerned about accepting cookies, check the box labeled Warn me before accepting a cookie.
· Once back to the home page, hit the Refresh or Reload button to apply the change.
Copyright (c) 2000-2023 by Barakat, Inc. All Rights Reserved
firstname.lastname@example.org - TEL 310.859.8408 - FAX 310.276.1346